A North American freshwater fish of the sunfish family. It is a popular sporting and food fish.
- Genus Micropterus, family Centrarchidae: several species, in particular the largemouth bass (M. salmoides) and the smallmouth bass (M. dolomieui)
More example sentences
- The twin lakes are stocked with channel catfish, blue catfish, bluegill sunfish and largemouth bass.
- Adult fish were reintroduced to Central Long in late May 1995 (9 smallmouth bass, 9 largemouth bass, and 155 yellow perch).
- Fish for rainbow, brook, and brown trout, and smallmouth bass.
Definition of black bass in:
- The British & World English dictionary