Definition of black bass in English:
A North American freshwater fish of the sunfish family. It is a popular sporting and food fish.
- Genus Micropterus, family Centrarchidae: several species, in particular the largemouth bass (M. salmoides) and the smallmouth bass (M. dolomieui)
- The twin lakes are stocked with channel catfish, blue catfish, bluegill sunfish and largemouth bass.
- Adult fish were reintroduced to Central Long in late May 1995 (9 smallmouth bass, 9 largemouth bass, and 155 yellow perch).
- Fish for rainbow, brook, and brown trout, and smallmouth bass.
Definition of black bass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan