Definition of black bear in English:
A medium-sized forest-dwelling bear with blackish fur and a paler face, found in North America and eastern Asia.
- Two species, family Ursidae: the American black bear (Ursus americanus), with a wide range of coat color, and the smaller Asian black bear (Selenarctos thibetanus)
- Stop along this byway to hike across broad plateaus and to admire Rocky Mountain goats, moose, black bears, grizzly bears, marmots, and mule deer.
- By contrast, North American black bears and grizzly bears diverged about five million years ago, he says.
- This still largely uncharted region of the world is home to Asian elephants, leopards, Himalayan black bears, wild boars, and the sambar deer, a delicacy for wide-ranging tigers.
Definition of black bear in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan