- 1A political caucus composed of black people interested in advancing the concerns of blacks.More example sentences
- There has been a winnowing out of the political achievements, throughout the country, of the black caucuses.
- You know full well that there are fellow members of your black caucus within the Democratic Party who are supporting an alternative and not supportive of the proposed bill.
- He believes that the black caucus has a vested interest in protecting the racial composition of his majority-black district - even though its voters have chosen a white politician to represent them.
- 1.1 (Black Caucus) A political caucus composed of black members of the US Congress.More example sentences
- You're a member of the Congressional Black Caucus.
- Watts, who is not a Black Caucus member, says his goal is to increase federal support for historically black colleges and universities.
- While meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus the next day, the attorney general told black lawmakers that he was ‘eager to respond to the president's charge.’
More definitions of black caucusDefinition of black caucus in:
- The British & World English dictionary