- 1A bruised and discolored area around the eye resulting from a blow: it’s gonna be a doozy of a black eyeMore example sentences
- The second man had a broken nose, three teeth knocked out, black eyes, cuts and bruising to the torso and knees.
- Witnesses said the two ladies were frequently seen with black eyes and bruises while living with him.
- The unprovoked assault left her with bruises and two black eyes.
- 2A mark or source of dishonor or shame: legislators have caused the state to suffer yet another black eyeMore example sentences
- Mess with this country and you could end up with a very serious black eye.
- It's the kind of news if true that could be another black eye for the president's war policy.
- This film is as liable as its title for giving young African American males an even more pronounced black eye.
More definitions of black eyeDefinition of black eye in:
- The British & World English dictionary