- A transparent coating of ice, found especially on a road or other paved surface.More example sentences
- The A127 and A13 were particularly badly hit after several centimetres of snow fell overnight, compounded by black ice and a frost which hardened the snow into a virtual skating rink.
- Road conditions were bad after Wednesday night's rain led to areas of black ice on both roads and footpaths making driving conditions difficult for both drivers and pedestrians.
- The Longfield Road, which leads to Dundalk, is completely out of bounds because of the amount of black ice on the road.
More definitions of black iceDefinition of black ice in:
- The British & World English dictionary