- A North American tree with compound leaves and dense, hanging clusters of fragrant white flowers, widely grown as an ornamental.
More example sentences
- Robinia pseudoacacia, family Leguminosae
- The dogwood, oak, chestnut, pine, red maple, black locust, sassafras, hickory, willow, cottonwood, and redbud dotted the landscape.
- The black locust grew at another company house, where Louise lived after her mother married a young forester.
- Additionally, 4 acres degraded by an invasive stand of black locust were restored to native grasslands.