Definition of black poplar in English:
A Eurasian poplar with a blackish-brown trunk and arching lower branches.
- Populus nigra, family Salicaceae
- Conservation experts from Lancashire County Council are taking action to save the black poplar.
- We are lucky to have examples of black poplar in Bexley.
- The County Council intends to plant black poplars along the River Lune in autumn.
Definition of black poplar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.