Definition of black poplar in English:
A Eurasian poplar with a blackish-brown trunk and arching lower branches.
- Populus nigra, family Salicaceae
- Conservation experts from Lancashire County Council are taking action to save the black poplar.
- We are lucky to have examples of black poplar in Bexley.
- The County Council intends to plant black poplars along the River Lune in autumn.
Definition of black poplar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan