- 1An edible soft fruit related to the blackberry, consisting of a cluster of black drupelets.More example sentences
- The study was an extension of earlier research in which freeze-dried strawberries and black raspberries prevented esophageal cancer in rodents by 50-70 percent.
- There is a preference for red raspberries over black raspberries; however, they will feed on either.
- Starting in mid-June the black raspberries are ready, followed by blackberries in early July and red and gold raspberries in early August.
- 2The prickly arching shrub of the rose family that bears this fruit.
More example sentences
- Rubus occidentalis, family Rosaceae
- I would like to know about raising black raspberries, including sprays, diseases, care, how to keep birds out.
- One of the most common and widespread diseases of brambles in the United States, anthracnose can infect both red and black raspberries, blackberries, dewberries, and loganberries.
- The disease is common and can be quite severe in the southern portions of the Midwest on erect and trailing blackberries and black raspberries.