- A disease of plants, especially of roses, producing black blotches on leaves.More example sentences
- Many popular roses are also susceptible to three fungal diseases, whose names black spot, mildew, and rust are descriptive of their appearance on rose leaves.
- A soaker hose waters the base of every plant, thereby minimizing black spot and mildew problems that often arise from wetting the leaves.
- To prevent black spot from infecting new plants, spray with a synthetic chemical fungicide once every 10 days, starting in midspring.
More definitions of black spotDefinition of black spot in:
- The British & World English dictionary