noun• dated • offensive
- A black African; a very dark-skinned person.More example sentences
- The Queen Mother used to describe black people as ‘nig-nogs’ or ‘blackamoors’.
- He had said to Adusei during a criminal trial, ‘How's the blackamoor?’.
- In 1601 the Queen tried the same ploy again, claiming that ‘a great number of Negroes and blackamoors… are carried into this realm since the troubles between her highness and the King of Spain’.
More definitions of blackamoorDefinition of blackamoor in:
- The British & World English dictionary