- 1A plug of sebum in a hair follicle, darkened by oxidation.More example sentences
- These pimples vary according to the severity of the acne and range from whiteheads, blackheads, pustules and nodules to cysts.
- Like benzoyl peroxide, sulfur keeps bacteria in check and works wonders on whiteheads, blackheads and pimples.
- Acne is the blanket term used for skin irritations, including blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, and the deeper cysts that may form on your shoulders, neck, face or other areas.
- 2An infectious disease of turkeys producing discoloration of the head, caused by a protozoan.More example sentences
- Turkey farmers in the UK are in a panic over blackhead disease, fearing an outbreak among their flocks after the drug they used to rely on was banned.
- Turkeys at two Dutch farms were diagnosed with parasite-borne blackhead, but the government was not very concerned because about 10 cases of the disease are reported each year.
- Ten million turkeys being reared for the festive period are at risk from blackhead, a parasitic liver disease which causes birds to waste away.
More definitions of blackheadDefinition of blackhead in:
- The British & World English dictionary