(also blackpoll warbler)
Definition of blackpoll in English:
A North American warbler, the male of which has a black cap, white cheeks, and white underparts streaked with black.
- Dendroica striata, subfamily Parulinae, family Emberizidae
- A palm warbler is sighted in a patch of willows, which also teems with catbirds, warbling vireos, yellow warblers, and a blackpoll or two.
- Palm warblers come early in the season, weeks before bay-breasteds and blackpolls, whose appearance indicates that the migration is winding down.
- Observations of common goldeneye and blackpoll warbler near Baker Lake were farther north than expected.
Definition of blackpoll in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India