- A severe form of malaria in which blood cells are rapidly destroyed, resulting in dark urine.More example sentences
- Diseases such as malaria were endemic, while blackwater fever, dengue fever, dysentery, yaws, and hookworms were a constant scourge.
- The daily anti-malarial pill ensured that if one did get malaria, at least it was controllable and did not usually develop into either cerebral malaria or blackwater fever.
- Patients with blackwater fever were not included in the study.
More definitions of blackwater feverDefinition of blackwater fever in:
- The British & World English dictionary