Definition of bladder in English:
1A membranous sac in humans and other animals, in which urine is collected for excretion.
- Waste products from the blood are removed in the kidneys and stored in the bladder as urine.
- This maneuver requires that manual pressure be exerted on the abdomen over the bladder to express the urine.
- A small amount of urine drips constantly from your kidneys to your bladder through tubes called ureters.
2Anything inflated and hollow: an air bladder in the arch and collar of the shoe
More example sentences
- The device works by intermittently inflating a small rubber bladder in the back of the stocking.
- The clear tones of birdsong emerge from internal air sacs that can inflate and deflate, much like a bagpipe's bladder.
- He covered my leg in plaster of Paris strips again and then moulded them in place using an inflatable rubber bladder.