- A small delicate fern with rounded spore cases, growing on rocks and walls. Bladder ferns are native to both Eurasia and North America. Also called brittle fern.
More example sentences
- Genus Cystopteris, family Dryopteridaceae: several species
- Bulbet bladder fern, brittle bladder fern, and slender cliff brake grow among the outcrops here.
- Berry bladder ferns and columbine thrive in shaded parts, while baby lip fern and shad bush bask on sunny rock faces.
- More than 30 species of ferns have been identified here, including hay-scented, New York and bladder ferns.
More definitions of bladder fernDefinition of bladder fern in:
- The British & World English dictionary