Definition of bladder fern in English:
A small delicate fern with rounded spore cases, growing on rocks and walls. Bladder ferns are native to both Eurasia and North America. Also called brittle fern.
- Genus Cystopteris, family Dryopteridaceae: several species
- Bulbet bladder fern, brittle bladder fern, and slender cliff brake grow among the outcrops here.
- Berry bladder ferns and columbine thrive in shaded parts, while baby lip fern and shad bush bask on sunny rock faces.
- More than 30 species of ferns have been identified here, including hay-scented, New York and bladder ferns.
Definition of bladder fern in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan