Definition of bladdernut in English:
noun(also bladder nut)
1A shrub or small tree of north temperate regions that bears white flowers and inflated seed capsules.
- Genus Staphylea, family Staphyleaceae: several species, in particular the American bladdernut (S. trifolia) of the eastern US
- In the marshes and stream banks are green dragon, blue flag irises, swamp white oak, silver maple, bladder nut, poison ivy, bulrush, and willow.
- You experience the ancient landscape with its indigenous plant communities like blue bells in the bottomland; and purple joe pye weed, bladder nut, and golden alexander under the oak canopy.
- The shrub cover is rather closed and contains saplings, red osier, grape vine and occasional pure stands of bladder nut.
Definition of bladdernut in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan