Definition of bladderwort in English:
An aquatic plant of north temperate regions with small air-filled bladders that keep the plant afloat and trap tiny animals that provide additional nutrients.
- Genus Utricularia, family Lentibulariaceae
- Lakes and ponds have buttonbush, pickerel weed, horned bladderwort and water milfoil growing in the water.
- The bladderwort's lavender flowers adorn a stalk that may rise six feet above its tank.
- Yellow dock root and an herb appropriately named bladderwort also reduce the chances of getting calcium stones, although science hasn't discovered exactly why.
Definition of bladderwort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan