- An aquatic plant of north temperate regions with small air-filled bladders that keep the plant afloat and trap tiny animals that provide additional nutrients.
More example sentences
- Genus Utricularia, family Lentibulariaceae
- Lakes and ponds have buttonbush, pickerel weed, horned bladderwort and water milfoil growing in the water.
- The bladderwort's lavender flowers adorn a stalk that may rise six feet above its tank.
- Yellow dock root and an herb appropriately named bladderwort also reduce the chances of getting calcium stones, although science hasn't discovered exactly why.
More definitions of bladderwortDefinition of bladderwort in:
- The British & World English dictionary