A situation in which one party blames others for something bad or unfortunate rather than attempting to seek a solution.
- There are enough people doing finger pointing, the blame game.
- Yesterday the party leaders played an uncompromising round of their favourite blame game.
- Still to come, new developments tonight in the ongoing blame game over Hurricane Katrina.
- Example sentences
- Stripped bare of his most elemental weaponry, and left to fend for him- or herself, the strategic choices appear to be panic, blame gaming, and fatalistic resolve.
- No, if you want to continue to engage in finger-pointing and blame-gaming, that's fine.
- We can engage in this blame-gaming going on.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: blame game
Definition of blame game in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.