Definition of blastema in English:
noun (plural blastemas or blastemata-mətə)
The primary formative material of plants and animals, from which cells are developed.
- Fibroblast-like cells migrate into the empty segments of the developing blastema to establish cell lines that later become myoblasts.
- This tether prevents the nerve from retracting too far into the stump and keeps it near the center of the developing blastema.
- In planarian regeneration, they could be instrumental to transforming the homogeneous blastema and postblastema fields into discrete patterned regions.
- blastemal adjective
- Example sentences
- The result is a movement of the transfected blastemal cells to more proximal regions in the intercalating regenerate.
- Other morphology that this tumor may exhibit would be a predominantly papillary, microcystic, or blastemal growth pattern.
- The smears were moderately cellular and included an admixture of the characteristic small ovoid blastemal elements and scattered spindled mesenchymal tumor cells.
Definition of blastema in:
- Spanish dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.