The fluid-filled cavity of a blastula. Also called segmentation cavity.
More example sentences
- Inside this spherical mass of cells, a fluid-filled cavity - the blastocoel - develops in the animal region and the embryo is now called a blastula.
- Involution occurs here, as cells divide and push other cells into the blastocoel from the top of the dorsal lip.
- The blastocoel appears bright grey, the animal cap darker-gray and the vegetal pole black.
- More example sentences
- At blastula stage 8, cells forming the blastocoelic roof were cultured in isolation as explants.
- An early blastocyst, containing a small amount of blastocoelic fluid, is shown to the right.
- The blastocoelic cavity usually collapses during the early stages of implantation.