A disease caused by infection with parasitic fungi affecting the skin or the internal organs.
- The fungi (blastomycetes) belong to the genus Blastomyces, subdivision Deuteromycotina
More example sentences
- An elevated white blood cell count with increased neutrophils and immature granulocytes is typically seen with fungal infections such as blastomycosis.
- Patients with blastomycosis have pulmonary disease of some severity.
- We describe a fatal case of primary pulmonary blastomycosis in a patient with steroid-dependent chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Definition of blastomycosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary