(also bletherˈbleT͟Hər or blitherˈbliT͟Hər)
Definition of blather in English:
Talk long-windedly without making very much sense: she began blathering on about spirituality and life after death (as noun blathering) now stop your blathering and get back to work
More example sentences
- According to the comment a couple of posts below, I have to stop blathering about trains now.
- When will he stop blathering about the morality of others and look to his own sorry affairs?
- That isn't going to stop the blogger from blathering on about it.
nounBack to top
Long-winded talk with no real substance.
- That dried-up worthless twit once again obscures the real point with blather.
- Real thinking should prevail, not liberal blather.
- The blather from both sides obscures the real, but largely hidden, agenda behind the tax cuts.
Words that rhyme with blatherforegather, gather, slather
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.