Definition of bleeder in English:
1 informal A person who bleeds easily, especially a hemophiliac.
- He was a bleeder who suffered frequent joint haemorrhages.
- So I took my seat among the masses of cripples, ill, and bleeders.
- I was just going to compliment her when she exclaimed, dabbing the pin-prick with a pad of astringent, ‘Oh, you're a bleeder!’
1.1A blood vessel that bleeds freely during surgery.
- Missed stitches and bleeders are a known risk of surgery, as is death, so no claim against surgeon.
- Some Mid-Atlantic jurisdictions can continue to use such adjunct bleeder medications as amicar and tranex.
- Any small capillary bleeders that might be slightly oozing are also tamponaded with the pressure.
2 Baseball A ground ball that barely passes between two infielders.
- When used in nonsave situations, Escobar seemed frustrated by bleeps, infield-in bleeders and an inability to put hitters away with two strikes.
- As they say, even cripple bleeder singles look like line drives in the next day's box scores.
- ‘Let's try a nice little bleeder to the right,’ he says.
Words that rhyme with bleederAïda, Breda, cedar, conceder, corrida, Derrida, Elfreda, e-reader, Etheldreda, feeder, follow-my-leader, interceder, interpleader, kneader, leader, Leda, Lieder, misleader, pleader, reader, seceder, seeder, speeder, stampeder, succeeder, weeder
Definition of bleeder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan