nounchiefly North American
- A family consisting of a couple and their children from this and all previous relationships.More example sentences
- Family law has been slowly changing to accommodate the facts of today's relationships: adoptions, blended families, stepparents, multiracial families.
- Since the 1980s, other family models have become more common, such as single-parent families and blended families in which couples form a new family with the children from their former marriages.
- There are fewer children per family unit, more adults who wish to adopt or have no children at all, blended families, families with single parents or same sex parents and foster families.
More definitions of blended familyDefinition of blended family in:
- The British & World English dictionary