An antibiotic used to treat Hodgkin’s disease and other cancers.
- The drug is obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces verticillus
More example sentences
- Chemotherapy may be useful at a designated wart clinic, where several patients can be treated from the same vial of bleomycin in a single day.
- It has been reported that administration of a high dose of bleomycin often leads to lung injury and pulmonary fibrosis in bleomycin-treated patients.
- Several drugs are associated with reactive oxygen species generation and lung injury with the most widely investigated of them being bleomycin.
1960s: an arbitrary alteration of earlier phleomycin, the name of a related antibiotic.
Definition of bleomycin in:
- The British & World English dictionary