- Inflammation of the eyelid.More example sentences
- Patients with inflammatory eye diseases are at risk for ocular vaccinial diseases, including blepharitis, iritis, and keratitis.
- The most common complication of the eye associated with rosacea is an intermittent inflammatory conjunctivitis, with or without blepharitis.
- Although steroids provide quick temporary relief from all the symptoms and signs of blepharitis, they are often best avoided except by an ophthalmologist, who can ensure they are used safely.
mid 19th century: from Greek blepharon 'eyelid' + -itis.
More definitions of blepharitisDefinition of blepharitis in:
- The British & World English dictionary