- A beetle that, when alarmed or crushed, gives off a substance that causes blisters. The larvae are typically parasites of other insects.
More example sentences
- Lytta and other genera, family Meloidae: several species. See also Spanish fly
- Because blister beetle larvae feed on grasshopper eggs, there is often an increase in areas of high grasshopper populations.
- Mylabris, the dried body of the Chinese blister beetle, has been used as a folk medicine for more than 2000 years.
- The University doesn't recommend blister beetle treatment because the dead beetles, which are still toxic, remain in the field.
More definitions of blister beetleDefinition of blister beetle in:
- The British & World English dictionary