- 1(Of heat) intense: the blistering heat of the desertMore example sentences
- The blistering heat and intense flash made Joel look away for a second.
- The smell was of boiling sulphur and choking grey dust, and the blistering heat burnt his face, and soon the ash cloud blinded him too, but still he was not scared.
- The aroma of burning wood suddenly hit his nose as blistering heat blustered over him.
- 1.1(Of criticism) expressed with great vehemence: blistering diatribesMore example sentences
- As angry workers rejected the restructuring plan and proposals for widespread job losses there was blistering criticism of key decisions taken by senior management in recent years.
- A follow-up inspection of the council last year, which followed blistering criticism two years ago, identified the housing service as failing.
- The court's judgment contained a blistering criticism of the criminal justice system.
- 1.2Extremely fast, forceful, or impressive: Burke set a blistering paceMore example sentences
very fast, breakneck• informal blinding
- The final began with blistering pace as the home side were hit with fast break after fast break.
- The 200 gr. load is blistering fast but the light bullet keeps recoil down.
- As we've said, the game is blistering fast, and can even be cranked up further using the slider bar.