- An intense military campaign intended to bring about a swift victory.More example sentences
- Another aspect of the centralized Soviet leadership was the role of partisan warfare in defeating the blitzkrieg.
- During World War II, the German blitzkrieg demonstrated a major change in the conduct of warfare.
- The idea of lightning strikes, blitzkriegs, and selective engagement per se is nothing new, going way back into military history.
World War II: from German, literally 'lightning war'.
More definitions of blitzkriegDefinition of blitzkrieg in:
- The British & World English dictionary