- A mountain consisting of a block or blocks bounded by normal faults in the earth’s crust. See normal.More example sentences
- Southern Oregon is home to some of the finest examples of fault block mountains in North America.
- Steens Mountain, a 30-mile long fault block mountain in southeast Oregon, sits about 60 miles south of Burns.
- The Tetons are a still different kind - a fault block mountain range carved from a segment of the earth's crust that has been uplifted along a fault.
More definitions of block mountainDefinition of block mountain in:
- The British & World English dictionary