- Any of the various types of human blood whose antigen characteristics determine compatibility in transfusion. The best known blood groups are those of the ABO system.More example sentences
- Doctors make sure the blood group and tissue are compatible before the operation to establish the likelihood of success, as well as screening for transmittable diseases.
- Blood cells have certain antigens, like the blood group and the Rhesus factor.
- He claims the hospital was more concerned about protecting its reputation than trying to find suitable donor organs from a compatible blood group.
More definitions of blood groupDefinition of blood group in:
- The British & World English dictionary