(also blood pudding)
nounchiefly North American
- A dark sausage containing pork, dried pig’s blood, and suet.More example sentences
- Morcilla de Burgos, a blood sausage stuffed with rice, is a specialty from the city of Burgos.
- For the blood sausage, in a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients and season.
- Christmas dinner includes roast pork or goose, blood sausage, sauerkraut, potatoes, and head cheese, with gingerbread cookies for dessert.
More definitions of blood sausageDefinition of blood sausage in:
- The British & World English dictionary