- A tubular structure carrying blood through the tissues and organs; a vein, artery, or capillary.More example sentences
- A catheter is a thin, hollow, flexible tube that is gently pushed through the blood vessel towards the coronary arteries.
- But when a clot forms in or above the knee, there is a risk that it will break away and travel up the vein to block a blood vessel in the lung.
- Did the bullet penetrate both lungs and exit without striking a major blood vessel in the lung tissue?
More definitions of blood vesselDefinition of blood vessel in:
- The British & World English dictionary