Definition of bloodline in English:
1An animal’s set of ancestors or pedigree, typically considered with regard to the desirable characteristics bred into it.
- If he produces a lot of top quality trial dogs and enters the pedigrees and the major bloodlines of the breed, his genes will be spread throughout the breed.
- There were all kinds; Appaloosas, Palominos, Arabs, Thoroughbreds, all with true bloodlines and all fine animals worth plenty of money.
- He researched the breed and was a frequent visitor to France where he visited shows, sales and farms, following up bloodlines, pedigrees and progeny.
1.1A set of ancestors or line of descent of a person.
- ‘He is the closest thing you have to a brother and it is important that we keep the royal bloodline’, he answered.
- It suggests that Jesus Christ had direct descendants, in a bloodline that can be traced down the centuries.
- Logically, if Edward IV had not been King, the royal bloodline would have been entirely different.
Definition of bloodline in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan