1An animal’s set of ancestors or pedigree, typically considered with regard to the desirable characteristics bred into it.
- If he produces a lot of top quality trial dogs and enters the pedigrees and the major bloodlines of the breed, his genes will be spread throughout the breed.
- There were all kinds; Appaloosas, Palominos, Arabs, Thoroughbreds, all with true bloodlines and all fine animals worth plenty of money.
- He researched the breed and was a frequent visitor to France where he visited shows, sales and farms, following up bloodlines, pedigrees and progeny.
1.1A set of ancestors or line of descent of a person.
- ‘He is the closest thing you have to a brother and it is important that we keep the royal bloodline’, he answered.
- It suggests that Jesus Christ had direct descendants, in a bloodline that can be traced down the centuries.
- Logically, if Edward IV had not been King, the royal bloodline would have been entirely different.
Definition of bloodline in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.