Definition of bloodstain in English:
A stain or a spot caused by blood.
- The floor of one classroom is marked with bloodstains.
- We haven't found any evidence, any scorch marks or bloodstains inside the buildings, or anything like that.
- She smiles when she spots a bloodstain where the doorstop was hidden.
- Example sentences
- His face was covered in cuts, and his clothing was also bloodstained and torn.
- Whoever carried out this attack would have left the scene with bloodstained clothing and we appeal to people's better nature to come forward.
- The scene of bodies covered in bloodstained blankets, with debris and chunks of bodies scattered across the road, revolted bystanders.
Definition of bloodstain in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.