Definition of bloodwood in English:
Any of a number of hardwood trees with deep red timber, in particular.
- ● An Australian gum tree (genus Eucalyptus, family Myrtaceae, in particular E. gummifera). ● A tree of the Old World tropics (genus Pterocarpus, family Leguminosae).
- This species of eucalypt here is one of the yellow bloodwoods.
- The homestead museum sits secluded among the bloodwoods, nutwoods and cabbage gums.
- The inlaws do the carving of the Pukumani poles which are made from the bloodwood tree, then painted with ochres and erected around the grave.
Definition of bloodwood in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan