- Any of a number of hardwood trees with deep red timber, in particular.
More example sentences
- ● an Australian gum tree (genus Eucalyptus, family Myrtaceae, in particular E. gummifera). ● a tree of the Old World tropics (genus Pterocarpus, family Leguminosae).
- This species of eucalypt here is one of the yellow bloodwoods.
- The homestead museum sits secluded among the bloodwoods, nutwoods and cabbage gums.
- The inlaws do the carving of the Pukumani poles which are made from the bloodwood tree, then painted with ochres and erected around the grave.
More definitions of bloodwoodDefinition of bloodwood in:
- The British & World English dictionary