- An irregular patch or unsightly mark on a surface, typically the skin: red blotches on her faceMore example sentences
- He could have been lying on his naked belly in the grass by now with the sun painting red blotches on his freckled skin, while little bugs tickled between his toes.
- Men often seek to have unsightly hair or skin blotches removed.
- Frankie's first indication of the condition was the appearance of red blotches and flaking skin on his chest, forehead and scalp.
verbBack to top
- Cover with blotches: her face was blotched and swollen with cryingMore example sentences
- Neon ooze blotched the frilled fabric and streaked her hair, and blood stained the edges of cuts in the material, though the cuts in the underlying flesh had long since closed.
- ‘I thought you loved me,’ she whispered, her tears blotching the ink on the paper into little blue snowflakes.
- With fear blotching my heart, I backed away from him and went to my room, to change.