1A sheet or pad of blotting paper inserted into a frame and kept on a desk.
- I love office supplies; post-its, pens, notebooks, notepads, desk blotters, desks, desk chairs, highlighters… they all call out to me in a strange way.
- ‘Yeah,’ Claire replied as she slipped his card into the desk blotter, ‘she was.’
- He glanced down at the blotter on his desk: there were papers covered with tiny Rris script there.
2North American A temporary recording book, especially a police charge sheet: the boys ended up on police blotters for property crimes
More example sentences
- Take a look at the police blotters and crime reports in the papers.
- He lives a quiet life off the field, stays away from police blotters, night-club fracases, drugs, and other things that other notorious athletes get drawn to like moths to the bug zapper.
- It's not usually a case of wheelchair thieves swiping chairs out from under patients, and the heists seldom show up on police blotters.
Words that rhyme with blottercotta, cottar, dotter, gotta, hotter, jotter, knotter, otter, pelota, plotter, potter, ricotta, rotter, spotter, squatter, terracotta, totter, trotter
Definition of blotter in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.