nounNorth American • informal
- A person who blusters and boasts in an unpleasant way: a bunch of pompous blowhards trying to get on the news [as modifier]: local blowhard politiciansMore example sentences
- One evening in the town hall of a hamlet in the Pyrenees, the local blowhard delivers a lengthy - indeed, seemingly interminable - lecture to his fellow citizens.
- Turning a bunch of internet blowhards into the voice of a major political party is stupid, and just leads to endless empty arguments.
- Inevitably, as the apocalyptic collapse of over-extended technology roars and crashes around them, two central characters will wallow in some pompous, blowhard philosophical debate.
More definitions of blowhardDefinition of blowhard in:
- The British & World English dictionary