- 1A person who wears a blue uniform, in particular.More example sentences
- She had taken many lives, in the name of the blue coats, of course, but still, she did everything he told her to, so she was no threat to him.
- 1.1A soldier, especially a Union soldier during the Civil War.More example sentences
- On the left stood a long row of blue coats and muskets and cannons.
- Another blue coat arrives and straps up my other arm.
- Out of nowhere, the blue-coats came charging into the Confederate position.
- 1.2A police officer.More example sentences
- ‘You know me, officer,’ he said, as the blue coat came running in. ‘I give this man into custody for theft.’
- The blue-coat came on slowly, expecting gunfire from a cornered criminal.
More definitions of blue coatDefinition of blue coat in:
- The British & World English dictionary