Definition of blue jay in English:
A common North American jay with a blue crest, back, wings, and tail.
- Cyanocitta cristata, family Corvidae
- Although cardinals, chickadees, titmice, blue jays, nuthatches and finches will eat the large striped sunflower seed, there is much less waste and a bit more nutrition in the small, oil type.
- We cannot recall ever having such large families of cardinals, downy and hairy woodpeckers, English sparrows, blue jays, titmice and chickadees.
- By the way, I've been called to task for not mentioning that safflower seed is very popular with cardinals, chickadees, blue jays, doves, house finches, wrens, titmice and even bluebirds.
Definition of blue jay in:
- British & World English dictionary