- A bluish fungus that grows on food. Blue molds are deliberately introduced into some cheeses, and some kinds are used to produce antibiotics such as penicillin.
More example sentences
- Penicillium and other genera, phylum Ascomycota
- It must be given proper time to let the blue mold form and grow, giving it that extra-added flavor you just won't find in other dairy products.
- The combination of its double-cream softness and the tanginess of the blue mould may have been accidental, but it is world-class.
- Like the blue mold that turns the Amish milk into cheese, his addition as general manager has turned the co-op into a going operation.
More definitions of blue moldDefinition of blue mold in:
- The British & World English dictionary