- Denoting an animal’s coat consisting of black-and-white hairs evenly mixed, giving it a blue-gray hue.More example sentences
- Over the large hill in the center of the field, a heavily pregnant blue roan Quarter Horse appeared.
- Yes, I had made my dream come true on the back of a big blue roan stud named DC.
- Gavin was in the coral, trying to break in a new blue roan colt.
nounBack to top
- An animal with blue roan coat.More example sentences
- Our mares are producing many blue roans, bay roans and black horses with great dispositions and conformation.
- For that reason, some greys in our breed have been mis-registered as roans, especially blue roans.
- Blue has been producing beautiful red roans, blue roans, grullas, and everything in between!
More definitions of blue roanDefinition of blue roan in:
- The British & World English dictionary