Definition of blue shark in English:
A long slender shark with an indigo-blue back and white underparts, typically occurring in the open sea.
- Prionace glauca, family Carcharhinidae
- However, in the last three decades, the blue shark has been the most frequently seen and caught large shark off the south shore of Long Island.
- It is estimated that tens of millions of sharks are killed this way each year, particularly blacktip, silky and blue sharks, caught on tuna gear.
- I have even used them for catching big blue sharks weighing over a hundred pounds.
Definition of blue shark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan