Definition of blue shark in English:
A long slender shark with an indigo-blue back and white underparts, typically occurring in the open sea.
- Prionace glauca, family Carcharhinidae
- However, in the last three decades, the blue shark has been the most frequently seen and caught large shark off the south shore of Long Island.
- It is estimated that tens of millions of sharks are killed this way each year, particularly blacktip, silky and blue sharks, caught on tuna gear.
- I have even used them for catching big blue sharks weighing over a hundred pounds.
Definition of blue shark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.