(also blue-tongued lizard)
Definition of blue-tongued skink in English:
A heavily built Australian skink with a large head, short limbs, and a blue tongue, which is displayed in defense.
- Genus Tiliqua, family Scincidae: several species, in particular T. scincoides, which is commonly kept as a pet
- Her family home on Gilbert Road is literally stuffed full of life, from her husband and two children, to the family dog, two snakes, two veiled chameleons, two iguanas, three geckos, 12 bearded dragons and a blue-tongued skink, to be exact.
- A blue-tongued skink and a bearded dragon are just some of the many varied creatures on display at a new centre dedicated to animals which has been officially opened.
- She picks up corn snakes and blue-tongued skinks as though they are favourite pets, has ridden elephants, taken close-up photos of yawning crocodiles, and stroked dolphins in the seas off New Zealand.
Definition of blue-tongued skink in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.