Definition of blue whale in English:
A migratory, mottled bluish-gray rorqual, found in all oceans of the world. Known to grow as long as 110 feet (33 m) and weigh as much as 150 tons (136,000 kg), it is the largest animal ever to inhabit the earth.
- Balaenoptera musculus, family Balaenopteridae
- Francois (the DJ who is on in the morning) pointed out that the baby blue whale was twenty five feet long and weighed six to eight tons when it was born, and he said that the baby whale drank about 200 gals. of milk daily!
- A one-second old baby blue whale is much bigger than a one-second old human being, but they are the same age.
- But there are still question marks over the future of populations of other species, including blue whales and bowhead whales, both hunted to the verge of extinction.
Definition of blue whale in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan