A blue-flowered lupine, especially common in Texas.
- Genus Lupinus, family Leguminosae: several species, in particular the Texas bluebonnet (L. texensis) and the shy bluebonnet (L. subcarnosus)
More example sentences
- As with most species of wildflowers found in U.S. state or national parks, it is unlawful to pick or dig up Texas bluebonnets.
- She was gathering daisies, posies, dandelions, bluebonnets, roses, tulips.
- On Monday, he offered him a warm embrace and a kiss on both cheeks and gripped his hand as they disappeared into an office building on the ranch where bluebonnets, the Texas state flower, were making their spring debut.
Definition of bluebonnet in:
- The British & World English dictionary