(also bluefin tuna)
The most common large tuna, which occurs worldwide in warm seas. It is probably the largest bony fish, and is very important as a food and game fish.
- Thunnus thynnus, family Scombridae
More example sentences
- The rapid advances in this tag technique have led to a wealth of new information on the physiology, behavior and distribution of northern and southern bluefin, bigeye, yellowfin and skipjack tunas.
- Big fish - like swordfish and bluefin tuna - are attracted to fronts where cold and warm waters meet.
- I want there to be hammerhead sharks and bluefin tuna around when my five-year-old son grows up.
Definition of bluefin in:
- The British & World English dictionary