(also bluefin tuna)
Definition of bluefin in English:
The most common large tuna, which occurs worldwide in warm seas. It is probably the largest bony fish, and is very important as a food and game fish.
- Thunnus thynnus, family Scombridae
- The rapid advances in this tag technique have led to a wealth of new information on the physiology, behavior and distribution of northern and southern bluefin, bigeye, yellowfin and skipjack tunas.
- Big fish - like swordfish and bluefin tuna - are attracted to fronts where cold and warm waters meet.
- I want there to be hammerhead sharks and bluefin tuna around when my five-year-old son grows up.
Definition of bluefin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan