Definition of bluefish in English:
noun (plural same or bluefishes)
A predatory blue-colored marine fish that inhabits tropical and temperate waters and is popular as a game fish.
- Pomatomus saltatrix, the only member of the family Pomatomidae
- During my stay I caught plenty of striped bass plus some bluefish and one sea trout.
- A lot of small fish will do the job - Spanish mackerel, bluefish - but the preferred bait is the blue runner, also called a hardtail.
- It also appears that grouper, sea bass, and bluefish have higher mercury levels than previously measured.
Definition of bluefish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan