Definition of bluegill in English:
An edible North American freshwater fish of the sunfish family, with a deep body and bluish cheeks and gill covers. It is popular with anglers.
- Lepomis macrochirus, family Centrarchidae
- Stock ponds and reservoirs with mosquito-eating fish such as green sunfish, bluegills, guppies or any surface-feeding minnow.
- Like other sunfish, bluegill have very deep and highly compressed bodies.
- It's safe to say that Burke Lake anglers have caught literally tons of bluegills, crappie, largemouth bass and other stocked gamefish since it opened.
Definition of bluegill in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan